I am doing a Weekly Creative Challenge this year with both my Close to My Heart Consultant Team and My Customers and I’d LOVE for you to join us!
I’m SO Excited about this one and I hope that you will be, too!
‘This is My Story’
We all have a story to tell…
There are so many events in life that are worth scrapbooking about – from weddings and new babies to the birthday parties and graduations, the list isn’t short on what should be included in the story of our lives.
But there’s one person we usually forget. That’s ourselves.
Will your children and grandchildren know your favorite color, your daily routine, what your favorite games and hobbies were? When you think of your great grandmother and the people who came before you, wouldn’t it be wonderful to see more photographs of them and know the intimate details of their lives?
Just like you would cherish an album about your ancestors (which only a few of us are lucky to have), your family and future family would cherish an album about you… and you’re the best person to create it! A ‘My Story’ scrapbook album is an album that answers questions, tells stories, and shares pictures of you and your life.
There are so many wonderful qualities that make up you as a person, including your personality traits, physical traits, fashion choices, strengths, opinions, viewpoints, and so on. With a few scrapbook supplies that speak to you and weekly ‘Story Prompts’, you can rest assured you will create an album that you and your family will adore for generations to come.
Our 2021 Weekly Creative Challenge will help you tell your story and create an album that may be the most important one you’ll ever create!
Each week I will share a journaling prompt that you can use as a ‘Story Starter’. Your challenge is to create a 1 or 2 page layout including the journaling for that week’s prompt and at least one photo that will illustrate or represent your story that week.
If you can’t fully participate in the challenge, I invite you to at least do the journaling each week and then create the pages when are able.
If the topic that week isn’t one you want to write about or doesn’t pertain to you, you are welcome to tell a different story that week. The important thing is that we are telling OUR STORY!
Our families are going to want to know our stories when we’re gone. Don’t you wish you had an album all about your mother, grandmothers or great-grandmothers? Now is the time to create this album for our children and grandchildren. They will treasure this album full of your life stories, your beliefs, your thoughts and your favorite things.
- You are welcome to choose any size album to create your ‘My Story’ Album.
- Close to My Heart has albums that are 6 x 6, 6 x 8, 8 1/2 x 11, and 12 x 12 that would work for this project.
- You could do pocket style layouts or traditional layouts, it’s totally up to you!
Scrapbooking about yourself can sometimes feel a little odd, but it’s extremely easy if you have supplies that you find beautiful, a pen you love to write with, and just a few prompts to get you going. I’ll take care of the ‘Story Prompts’ for you each week! I’ll post a new prompt every Monday.
I will be giving tickets for those that participate in our Creative Challenges in 2021 and doing a weekly drawing for $10 in CTMH Cash.
I will be continuing the ‘Year in the Life’ Pocket Pages this year and you are welcome to join us in 2021, documenting all of the ‘Little Things’ that happen each week in our lives. You can post those by Sunday evening each week and you’ll get a ticket into the weekly drawing for those as well.
So, choose your Creative Challenge for 2021 or DO BOTH challenges, like me!
- Choose your album size and page format and place an order if you don’t already have an album, page protectors and a journaling pen. You can use whatever supplies you have on hand for your album. This will be a great way to use up some of your stash!
- Then, create a Title Page for your album. Anything goes… Include a favorite photo of yourself on the title page and include your name somewhere, so people will know exactly whose album it is.
- Your Title Pages will be due by midnight on January 4th to be in the drawing. You can post and share your layouts anytime, even if it’s after that week’s deadline to be in the drawing. The important thing is that you are telling your story and I’d love for you to share your beautiful artwork!
- Our first weekly ‘Story Prompt’ is ‘Currently’. Make a one or two page layout about what you are currently watching, reading, wearing, listening to, creating, eating, drinking, etc. This layout will be due by Sunday , January 10th to be entered into the weekly drawing.
You will want to be a member of my Scrapbook Cowgirl Customer Facebook Group (or Team Group) to participate. Make sure to request to join, if you’re not already a member of our group.
Please let me know if you are planning to participate and if you have any questions!